On behalf of the staff at McCreary County Middle School, I am happy to welcome you to the 2018-19 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
3) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
4) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
5) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and be college / career ready
Please consider joining our school volunteer program as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations. If you would like to volunteer please stop by the school to pick up an application. We seek volunteers to help us with the following activities:
1) Teacher-led instructional support, usually in the classroom
2) Reading with children who need extra help
3) School-wide events
4) Student recognition events
5) Outreach and recruitment of parent and community volunteers
Code of Conduct books were sent home with your child, please review them with your child. If you have any questions about the rules and expectations, please feel free to contact Mr. Ford, our Assistant Principal, myself or any of your child’s teachers at 376-5081. It is very important that you and your child are fully informed regarding standards related to appropriate behavior for a safe and productive school year. Please feel free to review the Code of Conduct and Student Information handbook that can be accessed at http://www.mccreary.kyschools.us/Content2/84 .
There are many outstanding extracurricular activities that your child can participate in. Being part of these teams / clubs is an excellent way to build friendships and become part of the MCMS family. The following activities are available:
The wonderful McCreary County Middle School staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to working with you to make this a great school year.
Mr. Todd Waters, Principal